Known as “BMX Mini Wheelers”, participants will be able to ride what is commonly known as balance bikes – bikes with no pedals.
BMX Mini Wheelers is an introductory level where riders develop balance, gross motor skills and independence to begin riding a bike. Riders will be able to develop skills that allows their progression in the sport to become seamless as they progress on to the more traditional BMX bike at 5 – 6 years of age.
BMX Mini Wheelers becomes the new entry point into the sport for riders too young or not competent in progressing to the Sprocket program. After participating as a BMX Mini Wheeler riders would have become familiar with the BMX track and be on their way in developing their skills so that the transition to Sprockets is much easier.
BMX Mini Wheeler guide
· Mini Wheelers total length including wheels must not exceeded 35” (88.9cm)
· Mini Wheelers must not have pedals or cranks
· Pit bikes can be used, but must have cranks removed and not exceed 35” (88.9cm)
· The total diameter of the wheel, inflated tires included shall not exceed 13”(33.02cm)
· Long pants
· Long sleeved shirts
· Covered shoes
· Helmets (stack hats) are permitted that meet Australian standards
· Helmet straps must be securely fastened
· Must wear full fingered gloves
For 2017 there will be no club membership fee for Mini-wheelers, but they will still be required to register with BMX Australia. Parents/Guardians will be expected to supervise their riders when on the track.