BMX Fees consist of the following:
Nhulunbuy BMX Club Membership - $100-
- A once a year payment of $100.00 which needs to be paid prior to riding to help the club cover property insurance and maintenance costs. Only club members will be allowed to participate in training sessions and be entitled to receive points on race nights (only club members can be awarded trophies at the end of each series). A Family membership enables you to have voting rights at any club meeting.
- New members are provided with a complimentary number plate. Additional number plates and numbers can be purchased from the club for $10.00 per plate (including numbers). Only riders who are members and hold a current BMXA licence will be allowed at training.
BMX Australia Licence Fee
Riders are required to join to obtain a rider’s licence. Cost is approximately $70 to $130 (depends on membership type).
BMX licences can be obtained online at bmxaustralia.com.au and has the following categories.
- Open membership - an open membership allows you to ride at any club in Australia, including club carnivals and events.
- Club membership – This membership allows a rider to compete at their own club. They will NOT be able to compete at any other club or other clubs carnivals. They will also be unable to compete at open events held at our own club (i.e. NT titles).
- Sprocket Rocket membership – Sprocket rocket membership is for any rider under the age of 8. The sprocket rocket program is a participation based program taking the focus from competition to skill based learning programs. This allows children under the age of 8 the opportunity to tune their BMX racing skills in a fun non-competitive environment.
- 4 Month Membership – This licence is to allow new riders unlimited access to try BMX for 4 months before joining permanently. This licence allows you to ride at club and state levels but not state events.
- Volunteer Membership – FREE - All volunteers can become members of BMX Australia and fall under our insurance, for free of charge; this does not allow the applicant to race.
- BMX Mini Wheelers - BMX Mini Wheelers is an introductory level where riders develop balance, gross motor skills and independence to begin riding a bike. Riders will be able to develop skills that allows their progression in the sport to become seamless as they progress on to the more traditional BMX bike at 5 years of age. This membership is valid for 12 months and can be upgraded via your club or BMXA once your rider is using a pedal bike.
Each membership is valid for one year from date of registration. More details are available on the BMXA website, or alternatively speak to your committee members.
MYLAPS transponder fee
Nhulunbuy BMX Club will be using the Mylaps timing system for all riders 8 years old and above. A transponder will be required for all riders competing for points and will provide valuable data on riders lap times during the year. Cost is $50 for one year and multiple year discounts are available. Refer to mylapscom.au and look for details on the ProChip FLEX transponders.
Racing Fees / Riders Levies
For each official local race meetings, there is a registration / rider’s levy of: $8.00 per rider, $13.00 for 2 riders and $18.00 for 3+ riders. Included in all racing fee/riders levy is a $2.20 sanction fee payable to the BMXNT.
New riders are required to pay club membership and licence fees up front due to strict insurance clauses. If a rider lets his/ her licence expire, they are no longer able to participate in the sport of BMX (including training sessions) until the licence is renewed. BMXA specifies that riders must be a member of a club in order to be licensed.
It is the parent’s responsibility to advise the Registrar when they require a licence renewal and all Membership Renewals are via the BMXA website – please provide Registrar with printed receipts.